May 25, 2020
Argent is the closet thing we’ve seen to a mainstream ready bankless wallet. Is this crypto’s Netscape moment?
Ryan & David sit down with Itamar the co-founder of Argent to find out. Coming off a big week of releases, Itamar tells us how DeFi’s almost reached parity with traditional finance, hasn’t quite found product market fit in developed countries, but why he’s incredibly bullish about the future.
GO BANKLESS WITH THESE SPONSOR TOOLS:
💸 ROCKET DOLLAR – TAX SHELTER YOUR CRYPTO ($50 w/ ”BANKLESS”)
💳 MONOLITH – GET THE HOLY GRAIL OF BANKLESS VISA CARDS
📈DYDX – trade, margin, BTC perpetuals (10% off with this link)
– The why:
– Why Itamar’s here
– Argent’s ethos
– What makes Argent Bankless
– The walled garden approach
– The what:
– Why typical wallets suck
– Superpowers with DeFi
– What’s holding us back
– What if Argent goes away?
– Collecting an email address
– Argent in Argentina
– The when:
– 1 billion users & Argent in 5 years
– Finding the Netscape of crypto
– Two things he wants from the Bankless community
How soon until 1 billion users? Listen and decide for yourself.
Before the episode begins we also talk about:
– Why if feels like 2016 again
– The BlockFi breach and ”DeFi fixes this”
SUBSCRIBE TO BANKLESS PROGRAM:
1) Try earning interest on Compound
2) Stay tuned for governance opportunities:
3) Subscribe to this YouTube channel!
(Article) It’s 2016 again
(Article) How to get your first DeFi Wallet (Argent)
(Podcast) Learn about the Dai Savings Rate in Ep #9
1) Download the Argent wallet & try it!
2) Use a money protocol on Argent (how to)
3) Share the wallet with a crypto newbie!
LEVEL UP FASTER:
Subscribe to the Bankless newsletter program
Visit official Bankless website for resources
Follow Bankless on Twitter
Tweets by BanklessHQ
Follow Ryan on Twitter
Tweets by RyanSAdams
Follow David on Twitter
Tweets by TrustlessState
NOTE: Bankless may receive commission if you make a purchase through one of the links above. Thanks for your support!