Episode: #16 – What’s an Etherean | Nic Carter
June 8, 2020
Nic Carter is one of our favorite writers in crypto. He’s shaped our thoughts on many subjects over the years. Now we got to sit down and talk the challenging stuff. The stuff typical podcasts never as him…we dive right in.
He’s a bitcoin yes…is he an Etherean? He’s bullish on stablecoins…is he bullish ETH value accrual? He thinks free banking is good…does he think Maker is good?
Nic believes in bitcoin values…does he believe in bankless values?
This episode is jam-packed with insights.
GO BANKLESS WITH THESE SPONSOR TOOLS:
💸 RAMP – FIAT ONRAMP FOR DEFI (ONRAMP $100k FREE WHEN YOU MENTION BANKLESS)
💳 MONOLITH – GET THE HOLY GRAIL OF BANKLESS VISA CARDS
📈MULTIS – BANK YOUR BUSINESS W/O A BANK! (1 MO TRIAL – JUMP QUEUE WITH ”BANKLESS”)
– Is Nic an Etherean?
– What does Etherean even mean?
– Are stablecoins good or bad for ETH?
– Why the entire point is blockspace demand
– How economically dense transactions win
– Settlement assurances & property rights
– Why crypto banks aren’t all bad
– Emerging digital nation states
– Will this bankless thing work?
Plus Ryan and David discuss:
– How David got pepper-sprayed last weekend
– Bankless as an anti-authoritarian movement
– Building it up not burning it down
Join us next Monday for a fresh episode!
SUBSCRIBE TO BANKLESS PROGRAM:
(Article) It’s the settlement assurances, stupid – Nic Carter
(Article) Crypto-fiat: Mutualistic or Parasitic – Nic Carter
(Article) While the cities burn below – RSA
1) Read some Nic Carter articles! (see above)
2) Catch up on previous episodes (#2, #7, #12)
3) Pump Bankless by giving us a 5-star review on iTunes!
Don’t stop at the podcast!
Subscribe to the Bankless newsletter program
Visit the official Bankless website for resources
Follow Bankless on Twitter
Tweets by BanklessHQ
Follow Ryan on Twitter
Tweets by RyanSAdams
Follow David on Twitter
Tweets by TrustlessState