May 11, 2020
Your savings account, your high-yield bank deposits, a CD. Can we replace these bank functions with a protocol?
Compound seems to think so. Compound is a two-sized money robot that provides borrowing and lending to create something new: interest. Learn what it does, why it’s powerful, and how it’s evolving as we talk with Robert Leshner. We even ask if there’s a way for the community to get its hand on some Comp tokens and start shaping the future of the protocol.
GO BANKLESS WITH THESE SPONSOR TOOLS:
💸 ROCKET DOLLAR – TAX SHELTER YOUR CRYPTO ($50 w/ ”BANKLESS”)
💳 MONOLITH – GET THE HOLY GRAIL OF BANKLESS VISA CARDS
📈DYDX – trade, margin, BTC perpetuals (10% off with this link)
– What you can do w/ Compound
– Power of programmable interest
– How Compound’s different than:
– WellsFargo (traditional banks)
– Maker (other protocols)
– BlockFi (crypto banks)
– If crypto banks will out-compete DeFi
– How you can get COMP tokens
– Future of protocol politicians
– The protocol sink thesis
– Robert’s biggest fear for DeFi
– How the Bankless community can help
This is our final of three episodes in the ”King Money Protocols Series” where we talk through the three most important DeFi protocols. Catch up on Episode 10 and Episode 9 if you missed them.
Before the episode begins we also talk about:
– Tron stealing our tax money
– What wBTC backing means for DAI
SUBSCRIBE TO BANKLESS PROGRAM:
1) Try earning interest on Compound
2) Stay tuned for governance opportunities:
3) Subscribe to this YouTube channel!
Dharma – build on Compound
Ryan’s voting record – two votes!
How to get a Dai savings Rate – include Compound
LEVEL UP FASTER:
Subscribe to the Bankless newsletter program
Visit official Bankless website for resources
Follow Bankless on Twitter
Tweets by BanklessHQ
Follow Ryan on Twitter
Tweets by RyanSAdams
Follow David on Twitter
Tweets by TrustlessState
NOTE: Bankless may receive commission if you make a purchase through one of the links above. Thanks for your support!